Protect Your Alberta Home with Our Homeowners Insurance
The average cost of home insurance for Albertans is relatively high compared to the rest of Canada. But keep in mind your rates are calculated based on many factors, such as the size of your home, the neighborhood you live in, and sometimes – your credit score.
Alberta has had a high number of weather-related losses, such as fires, floods, and extreme cold weather conditions since 2013, pushing the province into second place for the highest home insurance rates in the country after British Columbia. But don’t despair. Even with premiums heading north, you have time to learn the essentials of your home insurance policy, because no one wants to spend their own money to rebuild or repair their home after a loss.
5 Main Types of Coverage
Your home: includes complete rebuild coverage of your house. There is also optional coverage available, such as sewer backup and earthquake damage.
Your belongings: if your personal items are stolen, lost, or damaged, you’ll get help paying for your stuff.
Personal Liability: bodily injury or physical damage are included in this coverage. For example, if you haven’t cleared your steps outside your house and the delivery man slips and falls, you may be sued.
Add Ons: this coverage protects you against the specific perils that you’ve detailed in your home insurance policy. E.g. floods, earthquakes, etc.
Home Insurance Benefits
Protection After a Loss
We protect you against unexpected losses when you need it the most. You can’t predict when a loss will occur. It pays to be prepared. We have you covered.
Money to Rebuild and Repair
When you experience a flood or a fire, you need proper insurance coverage to repair the damage or do a complete rebuild of your home. Without adequate coverage, you’ll have a hefty bill.
Peace of Mind
Your home is likely one of your most precious items. You’ve saved up for it, upgraded it, and shown it off to friends and family. Why wouldn’t you protect such an important investment. Sleep better with insurance that helps you through the most stressful times after a loss.
Find a Link Broker
We help you when it’s convenient for you. Get in touch with one of our mobile brokers, or visit us at one of our 9 locations in Alberta.
Our Insurance Providers
We treat you like family. Since 1983, Link has partnered with multiple insurance companies to give you first-hand access to competitive rates and great customer service. Our skilled brokers will walk you through your insurance policy documents and translate the often-complicated insurance lingo.
5 Tips to Lower Your Home Insurance Rate
Many homeowners have no idea how they can reduce their home insurance rates. It’s easy to make a few changes to your home insurance policy. Here are 5 tips.
- Bundle your policies: combine more than one of your insurance policies (car & home) and get a discount on your rates. The price will vary depending on your insurer.
- Safety leads to peace of mind: ask your insurer about recommending a good burglary alarm or a sprinkler system that will lower your home insurance premium. It will also give you a better sleep.
- Reduce your deductible: like with your car insurance, if you have a higher deductible on your home insurance policy, your rates will decline. If your roof needs a small repair, consider paying out of pocket, instead of filing a claim – it will save you money.
- Be Smart: it pays to do your homework, including asking your insurance provider what discounts they have. For example, if you pay your bill once a year, versus monthly, you’ll save on your rate. Depending on your situation, other savings may be right in front of you.
- Preventative measures go a long way: when you’re away, always get a friend to check on your home. If you’re away for more than four days, you’re responsible for frozen pipes, for example. Home maintenance will also keep your claims and your insurance rates at a minimum.