Our resource guide is for people who are looking for information to help deal with COVID-19. Below, we’ve provided links to resources in Canada, Alberta and select cities. Please note that this guide will be updated on a regular basis.
Canada’s COVID-19 Economic Response Plan
COVID-19 (printable resources, more health information)
Small business resources, helping kids cope, mental health resources.
EI and Emergency Support
Here are some of the benefits you may be eligible for:
- The government is waiving the one-week waiting period for those individuals in imposed quarantine.
- For additional information visit the EI website.
Emergency Care Benefit:
- Intended for those who don’t qualify for EI, can’t go to work, and don’t have paid sick leave:
- Provides up to $900 every two weeks for up to 15 weeks, to those affected by COVID-19.
- Who can apply:
- Workers – including self-employed – who are quarantined or sick within with COVID-19
- Those staying home to take care of a family member with COVID-19 who doesn’t qualify
- Parents staying home to care for children because of school closures
For additional information visit the Canada Revenue Agency website.
The Emergency Support Benefit: Intended to be a long-term income support
GST Credit: A one-time special payment by early May close to $400 for single individuals and close to $600 for couples
Canada Child Benefit
- An increase of $300 per child as part of the May payment.
Canada Student Loans
- Placing a 6-month free moratorium on the repayment of Canada Student Loans for all individuals currently in the process of paying these loans
Registered Retirement Income Funds (RRIFs)
- Reducing minimum withdrawals from RRIF by 25% for 2020.
- Alberta Health Services- latest news
- Information for Albertans
- Alberta Healthlink
- COVID Self-Assessment
- Self-Isolation Info Sheet
- Self-Isolation Survival Guide
- Help in Tough Times
- Tips on Managing Anxiety
- CUPS (economic, health, and family support)
- Handwashing Guide
Food & Other Essential Services
- Calgary CO-OP is providing FREE Care Packages for quarantined people. Find out more. Ends April 15th, 2020 (while supplies last)
- Calgary’s Food Bank: The Hamper Request Line (403-253-2055). Emergency hamper distribution officially started on Thursday, March 19.
- Here are a few other resources to find free food services.
Comments: Many grocery stores and pharmacies are now offering online shopping and delivery. Community Associations are also organizing free grocery and medication delivery. Call your local grocery store, pharmacy or community association to find out what’s available.
These organizations offer free delivery services:
- Calgary Seniors Resource Society 403-266-6200
- Kerby Centre 403-234-6571
- Edmonton City Updates
- Edmonton city Councillors voted to suspend council and committee meetings until March 30 as part of the city’s response to the COVID-19 pandemic.