How Do New Drivers Get Cheap Rates?
If you’re a first-time driver, your insurance rates will be higher than for the veteran motorist, so it’s essential you know how to get the lowest rates.
On average, a driver who is licensed in their first year will pay $2,514 a year in Alberta, compared to the seasoned driver (10 year licensed), who will pay almost half that rate – $1,251. We can’t fast-forward time for you, but we can give you tips to capture a lower insurance rate.
6 Tricks to Save Money:
- Keep your claims and convictions at a minimum.
- Consider buying an older car.
- Keep your daily driving to a minimum.
- Buy a car with a low theft rate.
- Discounts could save you up to 15% on your annual rates.
- Take a driving course to reduce your premium up to 10%.